It had to start sometime and somewhere with some kind of topic, right? And this is such a "crap" day with all the sleet and snow, what better way to spend it than blogging! ☺ And Pam, this one is especially for you because you've been waiting so long!! LOL!
So, this blog will basically be about whatever the heck I feel like writing about. It's a whole freedom of speech thing and some you're going to like, some you're not; some you're gonna be like "Really, Patti? - er, uh, I mean GILDA" (haha), and others you'll be saying "Right on!" It is what it is.
And you may be thinking this particular blog entry will be about our mid-west winter storm and being basically stuck inside my house for the next three days, but it's not.
It's about a wonderful food item I found the other day at Aldi's. If you're in my neck of the woods, there's a discount grocery store named Aldi's. I have no idea if it's a national chain or not. Products are organized by stacking them on top of each other with the front and top of the boxes opened. You have to bring your own bags, or buy theirs - you can even pilfer through sometimes and get some empty boxes to use. And make sure you have a quarter ready to stick in the chain that holds the shopping carts together.
The funny thing about the quarter is that sometimes, you'll be walking towards the store and someone will be returning their cart (in order to get their quarter back), and you'll smile ever so kindly and say "I'll take your cart!" And hand them over your quarter. You're not out a quarter - because once you return the cart to the stall and fasten it in, the other quarter will *pop* right out - quite a concept and kudos to whoever came up with that great idea - - I have yet to EVER see a stray cart in their parking lot!! So, essentially, I guess the "Quarter for a Cart" idea would be my first Rave! ;)
They have staple items that you can always find there - off brand labels. And then they have their special purchase items that basically are yelling at you saying "Buy me NOW because when you come back in a couple of days or next week, I probably won't be here!"
This particular item is an item I've not noticed before. That means nothing though because when I go to the grocery store, I'll get my usual. Now and then, I open my mind and see things I've never seen before - this was one of those days.
Mama Cozzi's Cinnamon Bread! Amazing! Perfect! And even today (I made it yesterday) I heated a strip (okay two strips) up in the microwave for 12 seconds and it was like sweet freshness melting in my mouth! So yummy!
It looks like a Boboli Pizza crust. It's in that type of packaging. Heat the oven to 450*. Pull it out of the package and pop it on a pizza stone. Melt your butter and brush it on the crust. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar package evenly that they provide for you. Stick it in the oven for like 4 minutes - yep, only 4 minutes! When it comes out, squeeze the icing on it and ENJOY!!!
So good!
I can only hope that this ISN'T a special order type item and when I can finally get out of this house and get back there, they still have it.
Hmm, or maybe I really don't want it there at all! ☺
So, there you have it, my first post , my first rave! Now that the ice has been broken with this blog, watch out! Ha! ☺
Until next time....
No comments:
Post a Comment